Hepatitis C Treatment
When it comes to hepatitis C treatment, you will have some better options of fulfilling your requirement by reaching the right clinic and hospital. This treatment with Sofosbuvir will surely do wonders. As far as sofosbuvir is concerned, it is indicated for treatment of patients with HCV Monoinfection and HCV/HIV-1. It is divided into different genotype that include, but not limited to:
- Type – 1 or 4 that include sofosbuvir plus peginterferon-alfa plus ribavirin for 3 months
- Type 2 consist of sofosbuvir plus ribavirin for 3 months; type 3 comprises of sofosbuvir plys ribavirin for 6 months.
- Patients who are interferon ineligible, sofosbuvir plus ribavirin can be considered for six months.
For patients with Chronic HCV Monoinfection, the following procedure is followed that include genotype one. Hepatocellular Carcinoma that await for liver transplantation sofosbuvir plus ribavirin is offered for approx. 48 weeks or until liver transplantation -whichever occurs first to prevent post-transplant HCV reinfection. There is a lot more in the treatment that will provide you more benefits. You have to choose the right one that is ideal for you.
Essential Points to Keep in Mind while on Hepatitis C Treatment
If you want to get health benefits in the shortest possible time frame, it is better to ensure some of the important things. Some of them are the following:
- Eating well and drinking at least 8 to 10 glass of water each day
- Try to get enough sleep in comfortable way
- Seeking and following your doctor’s advice and instructions
- Don’t drink alcohol or use drugs
- Using adequate birth control at the time ribavirin treatment
- You should use it for 6 months after the last dose of ribavirin before trying to conceive a child
- Getting regular check-ups
In case of any problem or feeling uncomfortable, you should immediately seek medical help and assistance.
How Much Time You Need for the Cure of Hepatitis C?
Hepatitis C treatment is recommended to get rid of the virus in the body or achieve sustained virologial response that ensure that hepatitis C virus is not found in the blood 6 months after you stop consuming medicines. Patients who get Sustained Virologial Response are counted as cured completely.
Hepatitis C Monitoring – Your Doctor Decide the Time Duration
Not to mention the time for treatment that depends on virus genotype and severity of liver disease. Now, some of the advanced and effective drugs have been formulated that can provide good results in 12 weeks.
Treatment monitoring is also another important point to note as this treatment is targeted to reduce the viral load, making it negative to ensure that no virus is currently present in your blood. Doctor also watch your symptoms and schedule regular blood tests to monitor the diseases and ensure that the treatment is working.